[LLVMdev] Could I get bytecode of SPEC ?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Nov 29 07:58:32 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Vikram S. Adve wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2004, at 12:46 AM, Zhang Qiuyu wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Under directory, /llvm/test/programs/external/spec, It seems there are
> > several makefiles for SPEC. I am  just wondering could I get the SPEC
> > code or bytecode. Thanks in advance.
>
> Because of the SPEC licensing restrictions, we cannot distribute SPEC
> to non-UIUC users.  I expect UCLA would have a site-wide license so you
> should be able to get the source yourself.  Our Makefiles will compile
> it directly from where it is installed.

I'm almost certain that we can provide binaries without a problem, it's
just the source and inputs that are protected.  I'm pretty sure that SPEC
provides binaries on their web site.  Zhang Qiuyu, if you can find any
information about this on the SPEC site, I would be happy to make you a
tarball of the bytecode files.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/