[LLVMdev] PowerPC JIT available for testing

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Nov 28 10:47:05 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> > This is just a note to mention that the PowerPC JIT is now operational and
> > begging for testing in mainline CVS.  There is one known problem (below),
> > but otherwise it works as well as the static PowerPC backend on the test
> > suite. [....]
>
> I'll be delighted to test it, but so fare I was not able to compile
> LLVM, even on x86 (without the llvmgcc which I don't use).

Sure, just follow the getting started guide, which will show you have to
build LLVM.

> Are there precise build & use instructions for newbies wanting to test
> LLVM *in JIT mode only* (I did not found any)?

Without the CFE, there are not a whole lot of ways to get LLVM bytecode to
test, but the llvm/examples directory contains several example programs
that build LLVM code on the fly and JIT it, that should do the job.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/