[LLVMdev] install-bytecode no longer works

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Nov 11 20:18:19 PST 2004

This kind of thing is one of the many reasons we broke llvm-test out to
a separate project. It has multiple purposes. Its a correctness test on
LLVM, its what we base our compiler benchmarks on, and its also where a
lot of the research gets done. You've been bitten by the latt(n)er. :)

At some point I'd like to see us make some distinctions so that there is
a correctness test suite whose goal is to always  work on all platforms.
To date the llvm/test/{Regression,Feature} provide that capability in a
very minimal way.

You're probably best to just define alloca as malloc in alloca.h and
just hope it doesn't break semantics.

Reid.