[LLVMdev] LLVM for JIT only use

Tom Brown tdbrown at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 9 12:23:23 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 06:29:14PM -0600, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Misha Brukman wrote:
> > > How do I plug my copying GC into LLVM? It has to know about the stack
> > > frames, etc... (I mostly need the location inside the stack frames of
> > > GC-ed pointers)
> >
> > I'm not the person to ask about GC, I'll let Chris Lattner chime in on
> > this. You can read a previous discussion about scheme GC and LLVM:
>
> This is documented fairly extensively here:
> http://llvm.org/docs/GarbageCollection.html#gcimpl

I'm in a group working on garbage collector too and thought
GarbageCollection.html didn't answer all my questionss about finding
pointers. Chris gave some ideas for extensions to the gc_ interface in
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2004-October/002503.html
which may apply to your work.

Tom

--
28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
mailto:tdbrown at uiuc.edu
http://thecap.org/