[LLVMdev] Re: LLVM Visual Studio Project files

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Mon Nov 8 01:59:03 PST 2004

First of all, I've been working at the university for a few days, so I
haven't read my hue.no email -- sorry I wasn't there to help when you
tried to use my project files. But it seems it turned out well, thanks a
lot to Jeff Cohen for cleaning up my mess!

First of all, the gnu tools -- I copied them into the llvm/win32
directory from the original (default) installation location because I
did not want any absolute paths in the project files. I also don't want
the project to pull in any old flex or bison along the path, since I
have cygwin in my path. The readme.txt is missing some details on how to
install these tools because the first archive I sent to Reid had all the
tools in it. I'm happy Jeff sorted it out, but it would be nice if he
could also write some instructions in the readme on how he did it.

>>The link of tablegen fails still fails, though, complaining of a missing
>>support.lib.  This is due to a bug in the debug configuration of
>>tablegen (and is not present in the release configuration).  Patch
>>attached.

This is a bit strange, it was building fine on my system... Anyway,
thanks for the fix.

> Yup, this is right!  Does this mean that you guys don't need the hack to
> pull in the X86 backend by force on Win32?

There is a forced symbol reference in the fibonacci project files to
pull in the x86 backend. If you leave this one out, it still works
because it uses the interpreter instead - but of course it's 100 times
slower...

m.