[LLVMdev] LLVM IR immediately from frontend

Umar Janjua Umar.Janjua at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 6 17:19:07 PST 2004

Perhaps I am missing some link. Need a bit clarification.

For the C language,
I want to access the LLVM code immediately generated by
llvmgcc(cfrontend/bin/gcc) before it undergoes any further transformation or
optimization.

1) Are there any libraries that enable me to parse   C code and create the
Module instance.

2) If answer to 1) is no, then is there some other way to create Module
instance from C code than issuing llvmgcc -S command in my program, then
parsing the output through Asmparser, and then creating Module instance as a
result.

I believe there should also be a directory frontend  in the llvm source, that
provides libraries for parsing different source languages and translating
these into LLVM bytecode.