[LLVMdev] Re: LLVM Visual Studio Project files

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Nov 4 20:38:26 PST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Jeff Cohen wrote:
> path as it uses execvp.  At least on Unix.  I have no idea what it does
> on Windows as I could not get the source used to build the Windows
> version (the installer claimed it installed the source, but it didn't).

Wierd.

> The link of tablegen fails still fails, though, complaining of a missing
> support.lib.  This is due to a bug in the debug configuration of
> tablegen (and is not present in the release configuration).  Patch
> attached.

Ok, applied, thanks!
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20041101/020249.html

> Watching this thing build, what comes to mind is that it would go a
> whole lot faster if we could use precompiled header files.

I don't know of a good way to do that.  Personally, I'm a big fan of just
putting as little into #includes as possible, instead of relying on PCH.

> The build finally gets to Fibonacci and fails with:
>
> c:\llvm\examples\Fibonacci\fibonacci.cpp(111) : error C2065: 'args' : undeclared identifier
> c:\llvm\examples\Fibonacci\fibonacci.cpp(111) : error C2228: left of '.IntVal' must have class/struct/union type
>
> I don't how this compiles with gcc.  "args" is mispelled.  Should be
> "Args".  Patch attached for this also.

This was a transient bug in CVS that you must have just been unlucky to
get, sorry about that.

> Also, the llvm.suo file should not be in the repository.  This has
> per-user configuration settings for VS.  I'm surprised you even knew it
> was there to be checked in, as it's a hidden file.  This file had
> hard-coded paths to Morten's setup, and even had his breakpoints in it.

Ok, nuked.
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20041101/020250.html

> starting fibonacci(10) with JIT...
> Result: 55
> I assume this is correct.

Yup, this is right!  Does this mean that you guys don't need the hack to
pull in the X86 backend by force on Win32?

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/