[LLVMdev] Problems with nighttest FeatureTests

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Nov 2 13:02:24 PST 2004

Vladimir Merzliakov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As I can see all nighttesters listed at
> http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/testresults/ have problem with
> FeatureTests at 2004-11-01/2004-11-02 test run.
>
> In my case i manualy terminate nighttest script after 12 hours work.
>
> It problem resolved?
>
> Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

I assume you're talking about the FreeBSD run. I'm not sure what is going on
there but other platforms have built and run correctly. I wouldn't wait 12
hours for these runs. Both Feature and Regression tests should run in under 1
minute.  Since the feature test seems to get stuck on the very first test, its
likely that llvm-as or llvm-dis is spinning its wheels. I'd run it again and
use "top" to find out what is running when it hangs. Or, you could just
manually try the Feature tests with:

cd test
make Feature.t

Reid