[LLVMdev] Final Visual Studio Patches

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Nov 2 08:52:17 PST 2004

Okay, please send to llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu

> ... There is another solution though, you
> could require cygwin to be installed and use the unix build system but
> with the VS command line tools. The 'check' target should be useful to
> windows developers also, but it can't be done easily with visual studio
> project files...

This can be done today, I just don't think anyone has changed it. Its
definitely something we want to support. I know of at least one change to the
makefiles needed to support this. When building an archive library, windows
uses the .lib extension instead of .a. We need to support this but currently
don't.  There may be other things in the makefiles that we need to do to get
this approach to work.

Reid