[LLVMdev] Testing LLVM on OS X

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue May 25 12:14:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Patrick Flanagan wrote:

> Making this change in only this one spot causes the time to run to
> decrease 69 seconds, giving it a speedup of 6% from the 5/12 LLVM CVS.
> I noticed several spots in the CBE code where this type of code was
> generated, and if it was changed to emit code the 2nd way it would
> presumably help even more.

btw, the CBE is doing this now.  :)

> Lastly, did you ever hear anything back from that group that was
> working on the PPC JIT compiler? :)

No.  Unfortunately, at this point, I think it is best to consider the work
lost. :(  If you (or anyone else) are/is interested in working on the
existing PPC skeleton in CVS, please feel free, and don't be shy about
asking questions. :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/