[LLVMdev] compiling LLVM from CVS under SuSE 9.1 (finished!)

"?=Valery A.Khamenya=?koi8-r?Q?" khamenya at mail.ru
Sat May 1 03:29:03 PDT 2004

> This is fixed in CVS.  You might consider upgrading to LLVM CVS,
> especially if you are interested in looking at performance issues: several
> important performance related patches have gone in since LLVM 1.2.

OK, now i've really upgraded to CVS, but it looks like
state of sources is "not compilable" :(

indeed:
***************************
Linking llc release executable
/pool/tmp/ssrc/llvm/lib/Release/sparcv9.o(.text+0x2e343): In function `_GLOBAL__I__ZN4llvm16SparcV9SchedInfoC2ERKNS_13TargetMachineE':
: undefined reference to `llvm::CPUResource::CPUResource[in-charge](std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
[...]
***************************

Really, file ./include/llvm/Target/TargetSchedInfo.h has
just declaration of constructor "CPUResource".
I can't find with "find-grep" the constructor definition.

so, i've changed:

  CPUResource(const std::string& resourceName, int maxUsers)

to:

  CPUResource(const std::string& resourceName, int maxUsers)
    : rname(resourceName), maxNumUsers(maxUsers) {};

Another thing is:
********************
[...]
Flexing Lexer.l
Lexer.l:31:27: StackerParser.h: No such file or directory
Bisoning StackerParser.y
[...]
which did not stop compilation though (probably sub-call make -k)

And now, compilation is finished, wow!
:)

--
Valery.