[LLVMdev] malloc instruction

Patrick patl at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 23 01:02:02 PST 2004

Hi,

   I'm currently implementing some optimization passes for LLVM and I
came across a problem.  I'm new to LLVM so if this question has been
asked before please kindly tell me where can I find the answer.

   There are 2 types of AllocationInst - Alloca and Malloc.  But most of
the time from the compiled byte code I can only find the Alloca
statement (actually I never come across a single Malloc statement).  the
function "malloc" is called tho.  Does anybody know when will a
"MallocInst" be generated?  Thanks heaps.

Best Regards,
Patrick