[LLVMdev] Annotations on IR

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Mar 19 12:10:03 PST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Rahul Joshi wrote:
> I checked out the LLVM code today, and it seems Value is
> no longer a subclass of Annotable. Is IR annotation still
> supported? Right now, I just need to annotate global variables.

Nope, we removed that from the IR from CVS (what will be 1.2 soon).  The
Annotation class had several problems and wasn't needed.  In any case
where you used annotations on global variables, just create an
std::map<GlobalVariable*, whatever> and it should do the job just the
same...

Let me know if you'd like more explanation.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/