[LLVMdev] xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gccas': No such file or directory

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 28 09:28:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 04:21:45PM +0200, Henrik Bach wrote:
> Why is xgcc looking for gccas? I've not yet build the LLVM sources.
> And with my knowledge up to this point, it is not necessary - Correct
> me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you do need to have the LLVM tools built before building the C/C++
front-end.  Please see:

  http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html

Quote:

   Instructions

   1. Configure and build the LLVM libraries and tools
   3. Unpack the C/C++ front-end source into cfrontend/src.
   4. Make "build" and "install" directories as siblings of the "src" tree.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu