[LLVMdev] Scheme compiler.

Tobias Nurmiranta spyck at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jul 17 15:56:08 PDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Chris Lattner wrote:
> >   http://www.ida.liu.se/~tobnu/scheme2llvm/
>
> Looks great!
>
> > (what's a blurb? :)
>
> Just a summary, so that I can add an entry to this page:
> http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/ProjectsWithLLVM/

Maybe this for now:

"This is a small self applicable scheme compiler for LLVM.

The code is quite similar to the code in the book SICP (Structure and
Interpretation of Computer Programs), chapter five, with the difference
that it implements the extra functionality that SICP assumes that the
explicit control evaluator (virtual machine) already have. Much
functionality of the compiler is implemented in a subset of scheme,
llvm-defines, which are compiled to llvm functions."

modulo my mistakes in English :). Or, write whatever you like.

> > > As you continue development on it, would you be interested in integrating
> > > this into the LLVM tree?
> >
> > Sure, it could probably at least be used as an example of how to use the
> > GC support. Maybe smaller and easier to understand compared to a complete
> > JVM. :)
>
> That is what I was thinking.  :)

Good.

,	Tobias