[LLVMdev] Constants.cpp:368: error: `INT8_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 14 07:11:03 PDT 2004

Henrik Bach wrote:
> Hi
>
> By manipulating a #define for G++ I've managed to compile int64_t type
> with ostream.

These constants are ultimately defined in
llvm/include/Support/DataTypes.h.  This file is included by Constants.h,
which is included by Constants.cpp.

The DataTypes.h header file is generated by the configure script and
placed into your build tree.  My best guess is that your system's header
files do not correctly define these macros, so they are missing.

Apparently, the MicroSoft compilers have the same problem.  You might
want to change the #ifdef guards in DataTypes.h so that all the stuff
that is defined when _MSC_VER is defined is also defined on your system.

You're building on Interix, right?

Please let us know if you run into any more problems.

-- John T.

> Now, I'm stopped by some to me unknown constants:
> -----------------------------------
> Compiling Constants.cpp
> Constants.cpp: In static member function `static bool
>   llvm::ConstantSInt::isValueValidForType(const llvm::Type*, long long
> int)':
> Constants.cpp:368: error: `INT8_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:368: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for
>   each function it appears in.)
> Constants.cpp:368: error: `INT8_MIN' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:370: error: `INT16_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:370: error: `INT16_MIN' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:372: error: `INT32_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:372: error: `INT32_MIN' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp: In static member function `static bool
>   llvm::ConstantUInt::isValueValidForType(const llvm::Type*, long long
>   unsigned int)':
> Constants.cpp:387: error: `UINT8_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:389: error: `UINT16_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> Constants.cpp:391: error: `UINT32_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> gmake[2]: *** [/usr/local/src/llvm/lib/VMCore/Debug/Constants.lo] Error 1
>
> Does anyone have an idea where to #include or #define these constants?
>

> Kind regards
> Henrik

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *