[LLVMdev] Nightly Test Failures

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Mon Jul 5 11:48:01 PDT 2004

Last night's nightly test has numerous new failures that can be
attributed to the bug 122 changes. All these failures are related to the
use of an outdated cfrontend build.  The simple solution is to recompile
the cfrontend. I ran into this also when I was testing the changes. The
problem is that the bytecode read/written by the cfrontend is using an
incompatible (partially between 1.2 and 1.3) versions of the bytecode
format.

Here's what needs to be done on all the nightly test instances:

In llvm directory:
1. cvs update
2. make tools-only

In cfrontend directory
1. cvs update (might not be necessary)
2. make clean
3. make all-gcc
4. make all
5. make install

In llvm directory
6. make install

This will make sure the c/c++ front end uses the right bytecode format.

Also, it should be noted that the cfrontend binary tarball should be
updated before 1.3 is released.

Reid.