[LLVMdev] libxml2 Test Case?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Fri Jan 2 17:32:01 PST 2004

One of the things I use heavily in conjunction with LLVM is libxml2.
This provides the XML parsing (amongst other things) that I need for my
XPL source language. Since XPL supports XML parsing at runtime, I would
like to be able to compile libxml2 to bytecode and have it undergo
optimization as well.

libxml2 is "C" code, well written and reasonably large. I'm wondering if
it would be useful for LLVM to include it as a gcc front end test case?
I could do the leg work to provide the configure options to specify the
location of the libxml2 source code and the necessary Makefiles to do
the compilation and testing.

Let me know if you think this is *good* idea, otherwise I'll just manage
it locally.

FYI, you can find out about libxml2 here: http://www.xmlsoft.org/

Reid.