[LLVMdev] ObjectFiles.html

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Feb 27 10:15:01 PST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:
> This works as long as the libraries are fine-grained _enough_. They
> probably are so I'm not going to make an issue out of this because there
> are bigger fish to fry.

If not, they can always be split up later.  :)

> > Well, in the long term we want to switch everything over to docbook, at
> > which point it should just be a matter of doing the equiv of "#include
> > ObjectFiles.html", and we suddenly have a new section in the book...
>
> DocBook is good. I'd rather use that than HTML. There's got to be an
> HTML to DocBook translator around *somewhere*. Is there a Bugzilla for
> this work? Need me to work on this or has it already started?

The first step (PR120) is to convert all of our documentation to HTML4.01
strict, which Misha has been working on.  I think this is getting close to
done, but is stalled for the moment as Misha is working on other things.
Once that's done, PR121 is for conversion to docbook, which we hope to
automate as much as possible. :)

If you'd like to help (which we would certainly appreciate), grab one of
the documents in the docs/ directory that is not marked 4.01 strict, and
hack on it until it is.  :)

Thanks!

-Chris

--