[LLVMdev] Iterating thru CF edges in a CFG

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Dec 23 11:34:10 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Sriraman Tallam wrote:

> 	I want to instrument every control-flow edge in a CFG. What is the
> best way to do this ? I was thinking of getting a reference to the CFG
> using GraphTraits<Function *>. Is there a simple way to get the CFG
> handle?

The CFG is implicit and always up to date in LLVM.  You should be able to
do something like this (I haven't verified this):

#include "llvm/Support/CFG.h"

   BasicBlock *BB = ...

   for (pred_iterator PI = pred_begin(BB), E = pred_end(BB); PI != E; ++PI)
     BasicBlock *PredBlock = *PI;

Likewise s/pred/succ/ for successor blocks.

You can treat the CFG as a graph, using standard LLVM graph algorithms,
but for most things it's easier to use pred/succ edges directly.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/