[LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No suchfileor directory

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:17:40 PST 2004

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org>
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h':
No	suchfileor directory
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:05:39 -0800

>Yes, it should find windows.h with the default configuration.  But you have
>to be suspicious of >beta code that Microsoft gives out for free.  It might
>just be very buggy, or it might be >deliberately crippled.  Considering the
>price tag on Visual Studio, it's one or the other (and >probably both).

For a month ago I was at a .NET seminar hosted by MS and the spokesman said,
you should be cautios with beta software. They don't delibrately cribble the
software, but sometimes, depending on the scope of the build, known errors
e.t.c., they disable known buggy or other functionality.

And I did take it that way.

>Out of curiosity, did it accept the solution and project files as is, or
>did it want to "upgrade" >them?  If the latter, I cannot accept any patches
>for those files because they would break VC++ >7.1 (which in turn broke
>7.0, which in turn broke 6.x).

No, it didn't take the project files out of the box. It insisted to upgrade
the soulution and project files.

Henrik.