[LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No suchfile or directory

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 07:46:43 PST 2004

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org>
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No
suchfile	or directory
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:29:47 -0800

>Windows.h is part of Microsoft's Platform SDK that's bundled with Visual
>Studio.  It should never >have been in the llvm source tree.  Why don't you
>have it?  You have VC++, right?

Yes, I  had the express beta version of VC++, but something weird happened
with my installation, so I've uninstalled it for the moment.

I assume, It should have found <windows.h> implicit from it's own
installation directory. Correct?
Next, I searched for it, and found it. Then I thought, I had to upgrade with
the newest VC++ october TCP installation. But with the result that windows.h
file has disappeared. I ripped off VC++ ;-)

I'll try later with a fresh installation.

Henrik