[LLVMdev] misc. patches

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Mon Dec 13 07:58:20 PST 2004

VS has a 64-bit portability mode, where it will complain when it sees
non-portable code.  I haven't tried it yet on LLVM, but in my experience
it will generate a *lot* of warnings.  Every time a size_t or ptrdiff_t
is assigned to an int or even a long it will complain (Microsoft defines
long as 32-bits, even in win64).  On the other hand, gcc defines long as
64-bits on 64-bit Unix (so what does it do on cygwin or mingw?).  The
portability warnings are still useful, but it does mean that "long" must
be banished from the code.