[LLVMdev] LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Dec 12 16:00:42 PST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Jeff Cohen wrote:
>> I definitely prefer #1.  The only concern I have with it is that this makes
>> it impossible to move the llvmgcc install directory once it is built (tools
>> would not look in the correct directories).
>>
> This is a very big concern.  Users of LLVM generally do not build llvmgcc --
> are actively discouraged from building it -- and therefore would have no
> option as to where it must be installed on their system.

That is an excellent point, one which I had not fully considered.

One way to deal with this (properly even), would be to have the 'gcc'
compiler driver pass in a -L option that indicates the location of the
bytecode-libs directory.  It already passes in -L options for
"lib/gcc/<target>/3.4-llvm/" and others, so this should be pretty easy.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/