[LLVMdev] ./configure[384]: test: Files/Microsoft: unexpected operator/operand

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Mon Aug 30 18:21:33 PDT 2004

Henrik,

The problem looks to be spaces in your PATH variable. The code emitted
to the configure script is searching through your $PATH variable for an
echo program it can use to unquote things. I suggest, for now, that you
remove any items from your Interix (not Windows) PATH that contain
spaces.

As for Interix support in general, I'm having a hard time determining
which variant of Unix Interix implements. It seems to be partially Posix
1 and partially Posix 2 based. Do you have any further information
related to the specific standards supported by Interix? I don't want to
incorrectly categorize the Interix support.

Thanks,

Reid.