[LLVMdev] More Encoding Ideas

Robert Mykland robert at ascenium.com
Mon Aug 23 19:37:33 PDT 2004

At 06:14 PM 8/20/2004, Reid Spencer wrote:
> this
> > > seems
> > > modules is a
> block id
> has any
> > >
> > >I don't have any problem with removing it.
> >
> > Cool. Before you chop remember debug libraries.
>
>Sorry, I'm missing the context here. Why would this affect debug
>libraries?

In the case of debug libraries, they would have symbol tables.  It might be
a lot of work to merge the symbol tables because they would probably
collide name spaces.  Seperate modules would make it simple.  But as I said
before, you could still dump the 0x01 and have multiple modules per file so
that each module in a debug library could have its own name space.

-- Robert.

Robert Mykland               Voice: (831) 462-6725
Founder/CTO                   Ascenium Corporation