[LLVMdev] Newbie Enquiry

Ed Cogburn edcogburn at hotpop.com
Fri Aug 20 05:37:15 PDT 2004

Reid Spencer wrote:
> Yes, that's right!
>
> In fact, shortly the process of doing that will get easier with the
> llvmc (compiler driver) tool that I'm working on.

[another newbie delurks]

Hi, Reid.  Been tinkering with LLVM about 2 weeks now.  I've been using the
Stacker Compiler as an example so far for my own little project.  Is this tool
you mentioned coming "Real Soon Now(tm)", or is it months away?  If its coming
soon, should I avoid using the Stacker example as a template?  In other words,
how much is this tool going to change the way one builds a frontend to LLVM?
Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, LLVM is still a new beast to me.

Thanks folks for your effort here, after looking at GCC sources to see what
writing a frontend would be like, LLVM looks like manna from heaven.  Oh wait,
that would make you guys.... uhh.... never mind.

Ed