[LLVMdev] Newbie Enquiry

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Aug 18 15:22:29 PDT 2004

Yes, that's right!

In fact, shortly the process of doing that will get easier with the
llvmc (compiler driver) tool that I'm working on. You write your
compiler to generate either bytecode or LLVM assembly and a
configuration file. The rest of it (optimization, linking, codegen) can
be done with existing LLVM tools. If you later want to include those
features in your compiler, you can (via the C++ interface) and just
reconfigure your compiler's configuration file.

Welcome to LLVM, Peter!

Reid.