[LLVMdev] compilation error after updated from cvs:

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:49:20 PDT 2004

Misha Brukman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:16:04AM +0400, Valery A.Khamenya wrote:
>
>>Building PowerPC.td register information header with tblgen
>>Included from PowerPC.td:22:
>>Parsing PowerPCInstrInfo.td:53: Variable not defined: 'GPRC'!
>>make[3]: *** [PowerPCGenRegisterInfo.h.inc] Error 1
>>make[3]: Leaving directory `/pool/tmp/ssrc/llvm/lib/Target/PowerPC'
>>
>>maybe I just have to "make clean" and/or ./configure
>

> Yeah, you need to make clean most likely.

If, for some reason, that doesn't work, you can remove the Depend
directories manually, and that should fix it as well.

>>BTW, would it be nice to put Depend, Release and Debug
>>into .cvsignore for other llvm fans too?
>

> I personally have a build directory outside of the source tree, and
> don't encounter this problem.  :)

I think I've actually seen this problem in my build tree as well, and
srcdir!=objdir for me too.  So changing from srcdir==objdir to
srcdir!=objdir may not magically solve the problem.

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *