[LLVMdev] Re: [llvm-announce] LLVM 1.3 Release!]

Robert Feldt Robert.Feldt at htu.se
Mon Aug 16 04:07:39 PDT 2004

Chris Lattner wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Robert Feldt wrote:
>

>>However, I wonder if someone supplies pre-built cfrontend binaries for
>>cygwin?
>>

>Nope, we don't have one yet, sorry.
>

>>I followed the instructions and tried to build them myself but get
>>when building the cfrontend. Any ideas?
>>

>That is really wierd.  Looking at that line of gcc.c, I have no idea how
>it ever worked.  In any case, this patch should help things:
>
>http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20040809/017143.html

Thanks, now I can compile llvm-gcc without problems. However, when I go
back to rebuild llvm, reconfigure, setting the CFEINSTALL dir, then make
it can build the tools ok but not the runtime:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend'
Compiling crtend.c to bytecode
Files/ATI: not found
make[3]: ***
[/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/BytecodeObj/crtend.b
c] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend'
make[2]: *** [crtend/.makeall] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries'
make[1]: *** [GCCLibraries/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/pd/llvm/llvm/runtime'
make: *** [all] Error 1

I don't understand the error message since I see no reference to
Files/ATI. Any clues?

Regards,

Robert