[LLVMdev] error building updated LLVM

John T. Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 3 18:53:18 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Chris Lattner wrote:

> > Compiling InstrSelectorEmitter.cpp
> > InstrSelectorEmitter.cpp: In member function `virtual void
> >    llvm::InstrSelectorEmitter::run(std::ostream&)':
> > InstrSelectorEmitter.cpp:1295: internal compiler error: in
> >    convert_from_eh_region_ranges_1, at except.c:1159
> > Please submit a full bug report,
>
> GCC 3.3.2 is not compatible with LLVM, sorry!

FWIW, GCC 3.4.0 works and is installed on the research machines in
/home/vadve/shared/localtools/fc1.

> -Chris
>
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
> > Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccbMwLuD.out file, please attach this to your bugreport
> > </snip>
> >
> > As is my usual approach to internal compiler errors I tried to compile it a second time and received the same error.  If anyone knows what is going on and how to fix it I would appreciate it ;)
> >
> > ~Patrick
>
> -Chris
>
> --
> http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
> http://nondot.org/sabre/

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *