[LLVMdev] Compiler Driver [high-level comments]

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Aug 2 22:22:33 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Bill Wendling wrote:
> I admit a bias here: I've worked with MS style INI files. They didn't
> leave a good impression with me. However, they do fit the bill for a lot
> of applications. What do you envision a typical INI file to look like?

I was thinking of something simple like this:

[.c]

compile  = cc1 %in -o %out
optimize = gccas %in -o %out.bc
link     = gccld ...

[.cpp]

compile  = cc1plus %in -o %out

etc.  Something like that.  The exactly details are still very much up in
the air, but just simple key/value pairs is all we should need.

-Chris