[LLVMdev] Compiler Driver [high-level comments]

Bill Wendling wendling at isanbard.org
Mon Aug 2 21:31:57 PDT 2004

Hi Reid,

> Since there's been little feedback on the design document I sent out,
> some decisions are being made in order to progress the work. If you have
> strong feelings about any of these, voice them now!
>
> 1. Name = llvmcc

I like llvmcc, but really have no strong opinion.

> 2. The config file format will resemble Microsoft .ini files
>    (name=value in sections)

I prefer the XML version of the config file format. It's well-formed and
there are tools out there that can parse it already. The verbosity of it
isn't that much of a concern anymore with modern systems. I think that
it will help later on if a configuration tool is created that generates
these XML files.

This is my 2 sous.

-bw