[LLVMdev] Jello

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Apr 5 20:25:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Vinay S. Belgaumkar wrote:

> Ok, my spec95 installation is completely different, so I'll try and
> figure out what options are needed for each benchmark separately by
> looking at the code that creates the makefiles.

Ok.

> Meanwhile, I had another question - is there a way in llvm to look at
> the SSA form of a program and then modify the SSA, and then recompile
> this modified SSA ? If so, is there any documentation regarding this ? I
> saw some stuff on the program JELLO, does it do the same thing ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  LLVM is an SSA-based
representation, thus all of the transformations do what you say.

Jello was the code name for the Just-In-Time compiler and X86 backend when
it was under early development.  It has matured into a stable and reliable
X86 backend, and the Sparc code generator has been integrated in the JIT
as well.

These seem to be two different pieces of LLVM, can you rephrase your
question, I don't think I understood it.  :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/