[LLVMdev] spec95

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 1 15:17:00 PST 2004

Vinay S. Belgaumkar wrote:
> Ok, I am trying to configure llvm to compile benchmarks as suggested by
> John, and after running configure, I get the following error while
> running make in the /test/Programs/External/SPEC

Hmmm.  It sounds like the Makefiles are not creating the gccld command
line correctly.

Some questions:

1) Can you send us your Makefile.config?
2) Can you tell us what your source directory and object directory paths
are?  Please make sure that they are either idential or that that they
are disjoint; the LLVM build system may not work if one of them is a
subdirectory of the other.
3) Can you send us the exact command line you used to run the configure
script?

Thanks,

-- John T.

> ----
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/llvm/llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC/CINT95'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/llvm/llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC/CINT95/099.go'
> /home/llvm/llvm/tools/Debug/gccld -link-as-library -disable-opt  -o
> Output/099.go.linked.rbc
> Not enough positional command line arguments specified!
> Must specify at least 1 positional arguments: See:
> /home/llvm/llvm/tools/Debug/gccld --help
> make[2]: *** [Output/099.go.linked.rbc] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/llvm/llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC/CINT95/099.go'
> make[1]: *** [099.go/.makeall] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/llvm/llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC/CINT95'
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> The initial steps did'nt seem to cause any problems.
>
> Thanx,

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *