[LLVMdev] 134.perl

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 1 13:44:01 PST 2004

Vinay,

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:27:53PM -0500, Vinay S. Belgaumkar wrote:
> It did compile when I gave that option. But it gives me an error
> when I try to run the executable on an Intel machine.
> -----
> 1513158 is not prime.
> Exception handler needed, but not enabled.  Recompile program with
> -enable-correct-eh-support.
[snip]

This error message is from LLVM, not the benchmark. If you are running
what you get straight out of llvm-gcc, then correct exception-handling
support is not in the executable.

If you are running the script that llvm-gcc outputs, the script does not
have that switch: `-enable-correct-eh-support' which you need to pass to
LLC or LLI for correct code generation.

> I am suspecting that the Makefile is missing quite a few options that
> should be included. Do you have a list of Makefiles used to compile
> spec95/spec2000 benchmarks ?  That would be of great help.

Sure, these Makefiles are in:

  llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC/*

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu