[LLVMdev] languages, semantic trees, LLVM interfaces

Valery A.Khamenya khamenya at mail.ru
Sat Sep 6 07:15:01 PDT 2003

Hello LLVM fathers,

1. "languages, semantic trees"

   what do you think ideally, do languages implementations based on
   LLVM need internal semantic tree or they should rather try to use
   LLVM directly in/after syntax parsing?

   For languages like C++ the expected answer is "of course we need
   an internal semantic tree between parsing and LLVM!"
   But I am still wondering what are your strategic plans conserning
   this issue.

2. For other (not C/C++) languages there should be some interface
   solution in order to use LLVM from their parsers (e.g. ocamlyacc).
   So, what about that?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Valery                          mailto:khamenya at mail dot ru