[LLVMdev] redhat 9, compiling llvm-1.0.tar.gz

"?=Valery A.Khamenya=?koi8-r?Q?" khamenya at mail.ru
Tue Oct 28 14:54:02 PST 2003

Hi Chris and all,

> LLVM itself doesn't.  The files that live in the llvm/runtime directory
> are runtime libraries for the C/C++ front-end.  If you're not using those
> front-ends, then you don't need to build them.

I see. Anyway, it would be nice to have a few words about building/installing llvm and cfrontend. I fail to find notes on this matter in README or INSTALL files.

(BTW, concerning compilation of cfrontend both `make bootstrap' and `make' fail while linkage phase, I guess I should have set some options to `configure' and/or some environment variables)

Sorry if I've missed some docs.

> In a cruel twist of fate, they are _WRITTEN_ in C/C++, hence the
> dependency on the front-end.  If you have no interest in these front-ends,
> you can just change this line in the top-level Makefile ...

as before, I am intrested mostly in JIT and abilities to use it to other languages then C/C++ :)

> > P.S. Chris, I guess you know, but to be sure: your `Sender' is
> >      llvmdev-admin at cs.uiuc.edu
>
> I'm pretty sure they are not.  If you're on the CC line of a mailing list
> post, you will get one directly from me, and one from the mailing list,
> with a sender of llvmdev-admin.  If this isn't the case, please let me
> know off-list and I'll try to figure out what's going wrong.  :)

a-ha, I thouht if I am on CC line of mail list then the sender should remain `llvm-dev' and not `llvmdev-admin'. Well, why not. OK, then just skip it :)

best regards,
Valery.