[LLVMdev] Tiki Wiki For LLVM ?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Nov 20 22:54:05 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Reid Spencer wrote:

> As I've been reviewing the LLVM documentation, I noticed several typos
> or things that could be explained in more detail.  My compulsion was to
> just go and fix it, but I can't do that because I have no access to the
> sources.

You should have the primary documentation in your llvm tree under
llvm/docs.  The web page is currently in a private CVS tree, but if there
was interest, I guess we could open it up.  *shrug*  We *welcome* doc
patches.  :)   (they should be sent to the llvm-bugs list)

> Has there been any thought of putting up a Tiki Wiki for LLVM?

Not much.  I don't really have a strong opinion on LLVM using them, but I
tend to dislike them in general.  Overall, we're planning on moving the
"formal" documentation to docbook slowly, and I think that's the right
approach.  A wiki might be a decent way to set up some specialized
discussion groups or as a way to hold informal discussions.

Personally I tend to be very worklist driven from my inbox.  If the wiki
could be set up to email me when something happens, I wouldn't mind it in
particular.  I do strongly think that the official documentation should be
in a more structured format, and under CVS (though I know that wiki's are
"version controlled").

Just my $.02,

-Chris

--