[LLVMdev] Tiki Wiki For LLVM ?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Nov 20 19:03:01 PST 2003

As I've been reviewing the LLVM documentation, I noticed several typos
or things that could be explained in more detail.  My compulsion was to
just go and fix it, but I can't do that because I have no access to the
sources.

Has there been any thought of putting up a Tiki Wiki for LLVM?

If you're not familiar with Tiki Wiki, its a PHP/MySQL based content
management system.  It's pretty powerful and has a huge number of
features that would be very useful for documenting/discussing LLVM. Tiki
Wiki allows you to write documentation in plain text but displays it as
HTML. You can quickly organize pages into hierarchical structures and
automatically generate tables of contents. Each page can have a comments
section at the bottom. There are blogs, discussion forums, directories
of topics, galleries, FAQs, quizes, trackers, surveys, newletters, etc.
ad nauseum. It can be set up in about a day. Content can be imported
from HTML. For end users it is like using an information portal .. very
powerful.

If you'd like to go this way, I'd help you set it up.  All you need is a
1/2 decent Linux machine, MySQL, Apache, and TikiWiki -- all free.  You
can find out more about TikiWiki here:

http://tikiwiki.org/TikiWiki

Note that that site is itself a TikiWiki. Browse around to discover
what's possible. It looks like a lot, but its _incredibly_ simple to set
up.

Reid.