[LLVMdev] LLVM namespac'ification

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sun Nov 9 22:47:00 PST 2003

Yes, pretty much. There are a few things that will go in the std
namespace because its the
way it is and a more natural fit. The other two namespaces already in
use (cl and DOT) will
be placed under the llvm namespace. The goal is to get everything that
is currently at top
level and put it in llvm.  This means that in your programs, you
wouldn't use:

cl::XYZ

anymore but:

llvm::cl::XYZ.

Or, you can use a "using namespace llvm" to retain backwards
compatibility.

Reid.