[LLVMdev] ConstantPointerRef and void*'s to functions

Joel Stanley jstanley at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 9 22:26:01 PDT 2003

As I thought about this more, I realized that the problem is not as easy as just transmuting the FunctionType from one FunctionType to another, since void* is not a FunctionType.

If the strict type-checking that is happening (the assert on Constants.cpp:233 in the ConstantStruct constructor) is the only problem here, and nothing more severe, perhaps the client should be able to set a flag that forces a the type of a ConstantPointerRef of a Function equal to what is returned by PointerType::get(Type::VoidTy), or some such thing. :)

Thanks again,

-j