[LLVMdev] Function::getArgumentList() question

Joel Stanley jstanley at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 9 16:45:02 PDT 2003

Hi folks --

The comments in Function.h for Function::getArgumentList() state that the argument list is empty for external functions.  This entails (I think) that it is not possible to determine the contents of the argument list of functions for which LLVM has only seen a forward declaration, for a given compilation unit.  Is this correct?

If this is the case, is there any way around this? I'm in a situation where it'd be I have only declarations of a bunch of (library) functions, and need to determine the size (in bytes) of their operands for a particular target.  If my understanding of the aforementioned comment is correct, then it seems that the entire library would need to be witnessed by LLVM in order for me to obtain this information.

TIA for any advice,

-j