[LLVMdev] CWriter outputs non-portable use of alloca.h

Brian R. Gaeke gaeke at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 16 16:57:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

My recent refactoring of the (machine-dependent) use of <alloca.h>
does not attempt to change CWriter's behavior of emitting a #include
for <alloca.h>. FreeBSD does not have <alloca.h>, so this would cause
trouble.

We could change it to emit an #ifndef __FreeBSD__...#endif around
#include <alloca.h>.  I suggest this because, I'm guessing, whether or
not the CWriter outputs pretty code is not of utmost importance.

Any counter-suggestions?

-Brian

gaeke at uiuc.edu