[LLVMdev] summary of LLVM on FreeBSD status.

Brian R. Gaeke gaeke at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 8 03:01:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I spent a bit of time making llvm link on FreeBSD 5.1-RC1 (i686)
tonight. (I didn't run any tests.) Here are the issues I ran into:

0. Need a llvm/Makefile.FreeBSD; Makefile.Linux unchanged worked OK
1. libdl doesn't exist; remove TOOLLINKOPTS=-ldl to link tools that use libdl
2. include/Support/DataTypes.h doesn't work for FreeBSD; I hacked a new version
3. alloca.h doesn't exist and is not needed to use alloca(); #ifdef it out
4. no malloc.h and no mallinfo(); malloc doesn't track this stuff; #ifdef it out
5. isnan() may be a macro; lli's ExternalFunctions.cpp doesn't pick it up (why?)

Not surprisingly, autoconf will probably be able to take care of most of
these fairly easily. I didn't really have a chance to figure out what was
going on with #5. I'll probably check in a few fixes based on my findings,
once we get back.

-Brian

gaeke at uiuc.edu