[LLVMdev] Recent Libtool Changes

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:59:01 PDT 2003

Dear Nick and LLVM-DEV,

	This morning I commited changes to both the prerelease-10 branch and
mainline.  These changes fix the bug found on Solaris where constructors
of static global variables are not executed when a dynamic library is
dlopened().

	The fix updates libtool to 1.5 and modifies it so that it always
selects the -G option when linking on Solaris with GCC.  Makefile.common
has been reverted back to its previous state (or something close to it),
and we get the advantages of using libtool back.

	Please email me if you have any problems.

	Thanks.

-- John T.