[LLVMdev] About clock and wait instruction

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 19 03:09:21 PST 2003

Vipin,

The very short answers are:

(a) LLVM currently lacks any primitives for expressing synchronization
operations or memory barriers/fences explicitly, but we are working actively
on it.

(b) LLVM correctly exposes setjmp/longjmp as well as C++ exceptions through
a uniform mechanism, namely, the 'invoke' and 'unwind' instructions.  See:
	http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/LangRef.html#i_invoke
or Section 2.4 of:
	http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/pubs/2003-09-30-LifelongOptimizationTR.html

--Vikram