[LLVMdev] pass position

Umar Janjua Umar.Janjua at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 13:00:02 PST 2003

Suppose, I have a Pass1 implemented as a subclass of Pass, with source code in
the directory of llvm source base( transform/analyze )

I can run that pass through opt on the bytecode emitted by gcc frontend
through opt tool. However, I want that Pass1 to be the part of the actual GCC
compiler. I want to know how I can position Pass1 among other passes
/optimizations/ code generations.

e.g if I want to run Pass1 before register allocation, then..?

So when I run llvmgcc , among other transformations, my Pass1 also runs on the
code.