[LLVMdev] An assembly level interface for LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Dec 14 16:42:01 PST 2003

> What would be quite useful is to have a *standard* set of IR utility
> functions/macros/templates that would achieve the same end. Programming
> to the LLVM IR is already quite simple but an even higher level
> interface would provide support for the many idioms that occur
> frequently.

I agree with Reid in this case.  Having a snippet parser would be cool,
but I don't think it would be very heavily used, and very hard to get
right.  I would rather invest effort in making the LLVM IR easier to use.
For example, would it help if I added a FunctionType::get method that took
a null terminated list of arguments?

In general, if you think the LLVM IR interface is clunky or doesn't
support a common usage case, please let me know so I can fix it! :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/