[LLVMdev] another question

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 5 11:59:01 PST 2003

Dear Yue,

	I've managed to reproduce this problem.
	Make sure that the LLVM GCC front end is installed and that LLVMGCCDIR
in BUILD_OBJ_ROOT/Makefile.config points to it as described the LLVM
Getting Started Guide (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/GettingStarted.html).

	The LLVM GCC front end can be downloaded from the same page in which
you downloaded LLVM (llvm.tar.gz).

Regards,

John T. Criswell

yue wrote:
> hi,
> when i change the OBJ_ROOT and recompile the llvm, it's successful.
> but run following test, then the error occues:
> [yue at RH9 obj]$ make -C ./test/Programs
> make: Entering directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs'
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp'
> /home/yue/llvm/obj/tools/Debug/gccas
> /home/yue/llvm/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp/Output/C++Catch.linked.rll
> -o Output/C++Catch.linked.bc
> /home/yue/llvm/obj/tools/Debug/gccas: error opening
> Output/C++Catch.linked.bc!
> make[3]: *** [Output/C++Catch.linked.bc] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[1]: *** [UnitTests/.makeall] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource'
> make: *** [SingleSource/.makeall] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs'
> [yue at RH9 obj]$
>
> could someone kown how to solve the problem?
>
> thanks

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *